One of the most exciting elements of Race Retro is without doubt the Reis Live Rally Stage. Taking place on Saturday and Sunday of the show, two Live Rally Stages with improved viewing areas will hosted by Rallying with Group B. A total field of 145 Group A, B and C cars covering more than 50 years of motorsport will tackle two seperate demonstration stages on the Saturday and Sunday are set to take to the stage to show us how it's really done!
The Rally Stage isn't just for spectators. For those who want to get more of a thrill from their day at show, head over to the Rally Stage and book yourself in for a passenger ride with one of the experienced rally drivers, many of whom still compete regularly. A few laps around the stage will cost just £25, and take our word for it, it's truly worth it!*
"The event goes from strength to strength. We ran 127 cars last year and this year we've had over 170 applications for 145 places. It has been an incredible response and so overwhelming." Tim Foster, Director, Rallying with Group B
The selected rally cars confirmed range from classic 1960s Mini Coopers to the latest Volkswagen Polo R5. The stage will see16 Group B cars including Audi Quattro, Ford RS200s and a Peugeot 205 T16.
This year sees more Formula 2 cars from the 1990s than previous years including an ex-works Vauxhall Astra kit car, a Peugeot 306 Maxi, Nissan Sunny GTi's and a Vauxhall Corsa kit car. Rising British rally star George Lepley will drive an ex-works Peugeot 205 GTi, while a Belgian competitor will debut his brand new Peugeot 208 R2.
Included in the star studded entry list is an array of the brand new Teg Sport designed and built Skodaru Fabia's. The concept involves a current Skoda R5 body shell and the running gear from a Subaru WRC which are preparing to chase overall rally victories in the UK this year.
Plan your route!
The central viewing area between the two stages has been doubled in size and in addition the fence-line viewing along both stage one and two have been extended allowing spectators to view more of the route. The routes themselves have both been altered to accomodate a better viewing experience.
Download the map to help plan your viewing experience.
2019 Race Retro Highlights
*Terms & Conditions apply
Rally Car Passenger Ride T&C's:
- All passengers MUST be able to sign the declaration disclaimer
- Aged 14 or over
- MUST be a minimum height of 135cm
- No hand held video footage inside of the car
- The passenger MUST wear the safety equipment which is provided
- Long clothing MUST be worn (i.e. no shorts, vests), arms and legs MUST be covered
- Footwear MUST be trainers or similar. High heels, open toe, slip on, platform soles and shoes without adequate support are not permitted
- The passenger MUST be able to sit comfortably in the passenger seat, with full use of the seatbelt
- The passenger MUST be able to confirm that they're not under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The passenger MUST not have any underlining medical conditions that would prevent them in taking part in this activity
- Due to any unforeseen circumstances the car and driver can be subject to change without prior notice