Race Retro is heralded as Europe’s #1 historic motorsport show and for good reason. The halls will be jam packed with iconic racing cars from all eras and disciplines of motorsport.
The Motor Sport Hall of Fame Live in hall 3, is a must see with some of the most well-known cars from motorsports’ past and present. In the display you can expect to see;
It was a huge weekend for Silverstone Auctions with its best Race Retro sale ever as 76 per cent of the lots were hammered away to the tune of £5.7million, over £1 million more than 2016. Notable Competition Car sales included the 1989 Aston Martin AMR1 Group C race car that went to a new home for £530,000, and the 1961 Emeryson F1 Climax FPF that saw the hammer down at £174,380.
Before the rally cars take to the Live Rally Stage, it’s the turn of the British Historic Kart Club to demonstrate the power these ‘pocket rockets’ have in competition. Around 40 karts will take to the stage in a fast and furious display guaranteed to get pulses racing.
The live action takes place on Saturday and Sunday - Make sure you arrive early to get the best spot (please follow signage on-site to live rally stage)
10:00am – 10:30am - Historic Karting
2:00pm - 2:30pm - Historic Karting
Arrive & Drive a Classic Car Experience, operated by HERO Events:
- An exclusive opportunity to get behind the wheel and drive a classic car at the Race Retro Show this February.
- Eight of HERO’s Arrive & Drive cars will be available for you to take the wheel on a specially created driving route around the Stoneleigh site and along the public roads. From a Delta Martini (LDH) to a BMW 1602, take your pick with a fantastic variety of cars to choose from.
- You have the opportunity to drive one of these incredible classic cars yourself. You can book for you, a friend, partner or even as a special occasion gift for someone else. Space is limited so we suggest that you book today.
- The HERO Arrive & Drive fleet are regularly seen out on events!
- The cars are available in Groups and you can book a time slot of when you would like to drive on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- You can book these on site however spaces will be on a first come first serve basis and drives will be 8 – 12 minutes long.
Motorcycle racing fans were entertained by Fast Freddie Spencer, also a Hall of Fame nominee for 2017, who gave a preview of his forthcoming book in his interviews as well as announcing the winners of the Retro & Café Racer competition. Ken Perch and his 1964 Aermacchi Ala D’Oro was the runner up to Phil Knapton’s 1974 Suzuki GT750 two-stroke Café Racer.
One of the most exciting elements of the show is without doubt the Live Rally Stage. Taking place on Saturday and Sunday of the show, the stage celebrates rallying's past with a stunning selection of cars brought together by Rallying with Group B. This year sees around 120 Group A, B and C cars take to the stage. A drive certainly not to be missed is watching Miki Biasion getting back behind the wheel to show us how its really done!
Live Rally Stage Timetable - Saturday and Sunday