Race Retro is heralded as Europe’s #1 historic motorsport show and for good reason. The halls will be jam packed with iconic racing cars from all eras and disciplines of motorsport.
The Motor Sport Hall of Fame Live in hall 3, is a must see with some of the most well-known cars from motorsports’ past and present. In the display you can expect to see;
It was a huge weekend for Silverstone Auctions with its best Race Retro sale ever as 76 per cent of the lots were hammered away to the tune of £5.7million, over £1 million more than 2016. Notable Competition Car sales included the 1989 Aston Martin AMR1 Group C race car that went to a new home for £530,000, and the 1961 Emeryson F1 Climax FPF that saw the hammer down at £174,380.
Arrive & Drive a Classic Car Experience, operated by HERO Events:
- An exclusive opportunity to get behind the wheel and drive a classic car at the Race Retro Show this February.
- Eight of HERO’s Arrive & Drive cars will be available for you to take the wheel on a specially created driving route around the Stoneleigh site and along the public roads. From a Delta Martini (LDH) to a BMW 1602, take your pick with a fantastic variety of cars to choose from.
- You have the opportunity to drive one of these incredible classic cars yourself. You can book for you, a friend, partner or even as a special occasion gift for someone else. Space is limited so we suggest that you book today.
- The HERO Arrive & Drive fleet are regularly seen out on events!
- The cars are available in Groups and you can book a time slot of when you would like to drive on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- You can book these on site however spaces will be on a first come first serve basis and drives will be 8 – 12 minutes long.
Motorcycle racing fans were entertained by Fast Freddie Spencer, also a Hall of Fame nominee for 2017, who gave a preview of his forthcoming book in his interviews as well as announcing the winners of the Retro & Café Racer competition. Ken Perch and his 1964 Aermacchi Ala D’Oro was the runner up to Phil Knapton’s 1974 Suzuki GT750 two-stroke Café Racer.
One of the most exciting elements of the show is without doubt the Live Rally Stage. Taking place on Saturday and Sunday of the show, the stage celebrates rallying's past with a stunning selection of cars brought together by Rallying with Group B. This year sees around 120 Group A, B and C cars take to the stage. A drive certainly not to be missed is watching Miki Biasion getting back behind the wheel to show us how its really done!
Live Rally Stage Timetable - Saturday and Sunday
Join us on Saturday 24 February 2018 for the Retro Classic Tour
It’s Back! Following the success of the 2017 Retro Classic Tour we are delighted to announce that the Tour will once again run on Saturday 24 February 2018.
Scrutineering will take place on the Apron outside the main entrance to the show and cars will be parked ‘on display’ for the public to view prior to the start of the Tour. The route will be approximately 120/140 miles, on an all asphalt route, taking in the great scenic driving roads towards Oxford and surrounding area. The first car is due to leave around 10am and return after 3pm.