Motor Sport Hall of Fame Live
Following it’s successful debut last year, the Motor Sport Hall of Fame Live is returning with a number of displays celebrating some fantastic milestones in motorsports history.
Firstly we will be celebrating 40 years of ground-effects era with a display of iconic cars spanning back to 1980 with the first car ever to adopt the ground-breaking technology; the Lotus 79 that Mario Andretti to the world championships. Completing the display will be;
- The Williams FW07 which took Alan Jones to victory in the 1980 championship
- The Ralt 3 raced by Martin Brundle against the late great Ayrton Senna in British F3
- The ex-Siegfried Stohr Chevron B48 F2
Next on the list of the celebrations is the 30 year career of Prodrive’s David Richards, the inaugural winner of the ‘Motor Sport Industry Champion Award’ and recent Motor Sport Hall of Fame inductee. On display will be four cars spanning more than 30 years of David and Prodrive’s success;
- The first model ever designed and built by Prodrive, a (Rotherhams) 1984 Porsche 911 SC RS
- The 1996 Subaru Impreza the legendary Colin McCrae drove to victory in the 1996 Rallye Catalunya
- Jenson Button’s 2004 BAR 060 that took him to third place in the driver’s championship
- 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GTE from the Aston Martin Racing Team with a 4.5-litre, V8 power-plant producing an impressive 500bhp.
Other displays will celebrate Jaguar’s racing history at Le Mans, Porsche’s motorsport heritage and contender in the new for 2018, Motor Sport Hall of Fame Race Car category.