Reis Live Rally Stage with Group B Cars
One of the most exciting elements of Race Retro is without doubt the Reis Live Rally Stage. Taking place on Saturday and Sunday of the show, the Live Rally Stages, hosted by Rallying with Group B, have improved viewing areas to give you more opportunity to enjoy the action.
At the 2023 event 139 Group A, B and WRC cars took to the stage to show us how it's really done.
Cars featured on the Rally stage have included classic 1960s Mini Coopers to the latest Volkswagen Polo R5. The stage saw Group B cars including Audi Quattro, Ford RS200s and a Peugeot 205 T16.
Plus Formula 2 cars from the 1990s including an ex-works Vauxhall Astra kit car, a Peugeot 306 Maxi, Nissan Sunny GTi's and a Vauxhall Corsa kit car. Rising British rally star George Lepley has driven an ex-works Peugeot 205 GTi, and a Belgian competitor his brand new Peugeot 208 R2.
We have also had an array of brand new Teg Sport designed and built Skodaru Fabia's. The concept involves a current Skoda R5 body shell and the running gear from a Subaru WRC.
The Rally Stage isn't just for spectators. For those who want to get more of a thrill from their day at show, head over to Stage 2 and book yourself in for a passenger ride with one of the experienced rally drivers, many of whom still compete regularly.
For just £30 you will be taken for 3-4 laps around the stage, having had the experience of getting rally ready!
VIP packages are also available, allowing you to queue jump and the opportunity to choose the car you ride in.
T&Cs apply - see details below
Timetable of events and sessions
Saturday & Sunday:
|Safety & Zero Cars||09:45 - 10:00|
|Group 1||10:00 - 10:35|
|Group 2||10:40 - 11:10|
|Group 3||11:15 - 11:45|
|Group 4||11:50 - 12:20|
|Group 5||12:25 - 12:55|
|Lunch Break||12:55 - 13:55|
|Safety & Zero Cars||13:55 - 14:00|
|Group 1||13:55 - 14:00|
|Group 2||14:40 - 15:10|
|Group 3||15:15 - 15:45|
|Group 4||15:50 - 16:20|
|Group 5||16:25 - 16:55|
|*On Sunday the rally stage will close after Group 4*|
Plan your route
The extensive viewing areas give spectators the opportunity to get closer to the action!
With central viewing area between the two stages, a fence-line viewing along both stage one and two allowing spectators to view more of the route. The routes themselves also accomodate a great viewing experience.
Please note that the Rally Stage viewing areas may be muddy underfoot so wear appropriate footwear.
One of the pre-event highlights of any major event such as The RAC Rally was always the chance to see the cars up close as they attended scrutineering.
At Reis Race Retro you can relive that experience by attending our live scrutineering bay on the Friday from 10am and will feature iconic cars ranging from historic Minis and Escorts, through the Group A and F2 era, WRC, the latest R5 machinery and of course the fabulous Group B cars.
There are opportunities for competitors with their own vehicles to take part in the Live Rally Stage and for marshalls, both novice and experienced.
For more information, join Rallying with Group B on Facebook
Terms and conditions apply
Rally Car Passenger Ride T&C's:
- All passengers MUST be able to sign the declaration disclaimer
- Aged 14 or over
- MUST be a minimum height of 135cm
- No hand held video footage inside of the car
- The passenger MUST wear the safety equipment which is provided
- Long clothing MUST be worn (i.e. no shorts, vests), arms and legs MUST be covered
- Footwear MUST be trainers or similar. High heels, open toe, slip on, platform soles and shoes without adequate support are not permitted
- The passenger MUST be able to sit comfortably in the passenger seat, with full use of the seatbelt
- The passenger MUST be able to confirm that they're not under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The passenger MUST not have any underlining medical conditions that would prevent them in taking part in this activity
- Due to any unforeseen circumstances the car and driver can be subject to change without prior notice